Current Custom Order Instruction
We're doing it old school with phone calls and emails. Please follow these instructions:
- Select the style of moccasin you'd like to order (i.e. "Cota" or "Hatchie")
- Using the leather swatches under the Leather Swatches page, select the type of leather (i.e. buffalo or cowhide suede) or mixture of leathers (i.e. buffalo and elk).
- Using the leather swatches under the Leather Swatches page, select the color(s) of leather you'd like your moccasin to be made with.
- Contact Itasca Leathergoods via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone the Factory Store at 218-699-3978 during business hours. We're open Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central time. We're open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Central time.
- We'll take your order via phone or email, charge your credit card and begin processing your order.
- Special orders typically take approximately 10 (ten) days to fill. Plan on a few days shipping for a total of about two weeks.
If you'd like to complete your order online without interaction with the Factory Store, follow these instructions:
- Online, select the style of moccasin you'd like to order.
- Looking specifically at that particular style, find the exact type of leather or leather combination you'd like to order. For example, if you want a "Cota" moccasin in full grain turquoise but you only see it in full grain black, choose the full grain black and add it to your shopping cart in your correct size.
- At time of check-out, indicate in the "comments" box that you'd like to substitute the full grain black for the full grain turquoise.
- In another example, if you'd like a "Cota" in a buffalo and elk combination in brown and black but you only see a brown/brown combination on the product pages, select the brown/brown option and put it in your shopping cart in the correct size.
- At time of check-out, indicate in the "comments" box that you'd like the sole of the moccasin in black and the upper portion in brown (or whatever combination you'd like). We'll follow your instructions exactly. If we've got questions, we'll contact you for clarification and verification.
- Follow normal check-out procedures to complete the sale.
- You'll receive your moccasins in about two weeks.
Custom Foot tracings
If you have hard-to-fit feet or if you'd simply like to guarantee a perfect fit without having purchased one of our moccasins previously, you're given the option to submit a custom foot tracing at no additional charge. We'll custom make a pattern for you and keep it on file for five years for subsequent orders. Please follow these instructions:
- Have someone make a tracing of your foot using blue or black pen. NO PENCILS (they don't fax properly).
- The person doing the tracing should hold the pen exactly vertically as they trace the outline of both feet. Do not slant the pen inward. Do not slant the pen outward. Have the pen hug the foot as you do the tracing.
- If you plan to wear socks with your moccasins, do the tracings while wearing socks. If you plan to wear your moccasins barefoot, do the tracings while barefoot. There's about 1/8" difference with or without socks - the equivalent of a half size.
- When you are having your feet traced, stand with both feet parallel or side by side (not one in front of the other). Lean forward slightly so that the body's weight is on the ball of the feet.
- Repeat for the other foot.
- You may trace one foot per sheet of paper.
- If your feet are long, you may use a legal-sized sheet of paper or tape two pieces of paper carefully together.
- If you're ordering a taller boot such as the Kaskaskia, Meramec or Nokasippi, also measure the circumference of the leg at the fullest part of the calf. If you're ordering a knee-high boot such as the Nokasippi, also include the measurement from the ground to the bottom of your knee cap. We've got the capacity to adjust the calf measurement and the height of the boot to accommodate customers of all sizes.
- If you've got a high instep, please indicate "high instep" somewhere on the tracing.
- Submit the actual tracing. Do not eliminate bunions or other variances.
- You may submit the tracing via fax: 218-699-3154. Please put your name and phone number on each page faxed to us. We use a thermal paper roll on the receiving end so we can accommodate legal-sized papers or sheets of paper traced together.
- You may submit the tracing via US Mail. Our Factory Store is at PO Box 228, Lake George MN 56458. Indicate your name and phone number on the tracing.
- DO NOT scan or email the tracings. Even if we attempt to print out in actual size it doesn't work and the measurements will always be INCORRECT.
- If you're ordering a stock product online you may order the exact product you'd like. Select the size closest to what you think you'd wear and in the field labeled Custom, enter "faxing foot tracing" (or mailing if that be the case), then add it to your shopping cart. Proceed as normal.
- If you're ordering a custom leather or custom color for your moccasin, please contact Itasca Leathergoods via email (email@example.com) or phone the Factory Store at 218-699-3978 during business hours. We're open Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central time. We're open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Central time. We'll take your order via phone or confirm the order via email.
Questions? Contact us for more information.